Yoga Foundations course
Start, or deepen your Yoga practice
Step into an Inspired Yoga Practice
Learn the Foundations of Anusara Yoga ®
Practice yoga in a playful, fun and inspiring way.
Try a yoga practice that:
* supports you to feel better in body, mind and spirit.
* invites you to explore your unlimited potential.
* teaches you to move your body in a safe way, using alignment principles.
* offers modifications, props and/or challenge for you to express each pose in your unique way.
* teaches you an uplifting, life-affirming philosophy.
* celebrates your innate and unique worth and goodness.
Anusara Yoga® is a system that will help you realise you are much more than your perceived limits.
Inspired Yoga Practice uses the Anusara method to dive deep into life-affirming philosophy, safe physical alignment, and peak poses.
Over the six-week foundations course of the Inspired Practice we will explore Anusara Yoga's five universal principles of alignment:
- Week one – Set the Foundation – Choose your intention, attitude, and focus
- Week two – Open to Grace – Surrender and connect to the flow of the universe
- Week three – Muscle Energy – Empower yourself
- Week four – Inner Spiral – Turn inwards
- Week five – Outer Spiral – Refine your actions for best experience
- Week six – Organic Extension – Radiate your authentic self into the world
"Each Anusara class has a heart-oriented theme, centred on cultivating a virtue - a quality of mind or heart, which is a microcosmic reflection of our Divine nature. Effectively, all the poses in Anusara Yoga are expressed from the 'inside out'. Anusara Yoga teachers are committed to helping build and empower each student's self-esteem, while inspiring light-heartedness, playfulness and joy within the yoga practice." - Master Immersion Manual
If you wonder about your ability to participate in the class or any of the poses, please note we will offer modifications, bus stops and loads of support. The focus of each class is to connect you to your body and breath.
Anusara Yoga® methodology unveils each student’s innate goodness, worthiness and supreme nature.
The specific benefits of Anusara yoga are many:
* Anusara yoga classes inspire you to be your fullest expression of you.
* Precise alignment principles make the practice safe for students of all levels.
* You learn how to recognize your intrinsic goodness and how to see goodness in others.
* Your yoga practice deepens in a way that enhances your connection to self and liberates your artistic expression from inner body to the outer world.
* As you open to Grace and develop steadiness, your new awareness will help carry you through life’s challenges, on and off the mat.
In an Anusara yoga class, students learn how to properly align the body as well as develop strength, vitality and a clearer understanding of how the body works in order to master life’s challenges.
INSPIRED PRACTICE MASTERCLASSES
SUNDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 2022
AND SUNDAY 4TH DEC 2022
Anusara deep play masterclass for yoga practitioners who want to expand their capability and potential on and off the mat.
Select the date to suit, buy your ticket and we look forward to having you there.
INSPIRED PRACTICE SIX-WEEK FOUNDATION
22 JAN THROUGH TO 26 FEB 2023
9.30am - 10.45am each Sunday in central Christchurch, NZ
This series will run through the five universal principles of alignment (UPA) of Anusara Yoga. Each class will focus on a a theme that brings to life the UPA and supports the practitioner to experience the feeling of the theme in their body. Each week the class theme and peak pose will support a deepening of experience and embodiment of the UPA.